Thursday, January 23, 2014

New furniture...

Hey

Yesterday me and Harry have had a day out with Grandad. It's was a lovely day, I do enjoy our little days out with grandad.

We just went for a wander round a nice garden centre at Barton Grange and stopped for a cuppa and a cake (and a bottle of milk for Harry). Then on the way back we called in at an auction shop place that David and I went to a couple of weeks ago. While we were there before I saw a little furniture set that I really liked and wanted for Harry's room. It's a wardrobe, tall set of drawers and a little bedside cabinet, all done out like a fuel pump/toolbox type thing that would go with a racing car bed. They didn't have the bed in the shop and obviously Harry is far too small to even need a bed for quite a while yet so we went back yesterday to see if it was still there.

Luckily for me it was and we bought it. So it's upstairs now ready to be built up and arranged in Harry's room. At the moment in his room is his cotbed, a small storage bench, set of pine drawers and a bookcase. So the drawers and storage bench are coming out to make room for his new furniture. The new drawers are quite deep so even though there's only four drawers there will be plenty of room for his little things. It's also got a wardrobe to start hanging his little clothes up, I've been starting to run out of room and a wardrobe would come in handy. Theres a little rail at the top and a couple of shelves underneath, then his little bedside cabinet. So plenty of storage for his ever growing possesions.

So today I'll be making them up and moving things around in our spare room to accomodate the other chest of drawers. Then I can load up his little drawers and wardrobe with all his tiny little clothes. I'll post some pictures once it's all ready and in place.

Donna
x x

No comments:

Post a Comment